Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Lorraine Marie Varela about her book Love in the Face of ISIS: Seven Prayer Strategies for the Crisis in the Middle East (Chosen Books, 2016).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s what you’ll learn in today’s interview:
- Different outlets Lorraine has developed for expressing her creativity. (00:42 – 01:42)
- Overlap and parallels in finding a creative flow state in two diverse areas of creative expression (photography & writing). (01:43 – 04:11)
- Love in the Face of ISIS seems like a sharp left turn from Powerful Moments in the Presence of God. How’d you get started on the path of writing a book about prayer and ISIS? (04:12 – 07:02)
- Can prayer actually make a difference in these global crisis situations where we feel helpless and out of control? (07:03 – 09:43)
- How did you discover the 7 targeted prayer strategies to release over ISIS and the Middle East? (09:44 – 11:19)
- Lorraine shares one of the seven targeted prayers from the book. (11:20 – 12:48)
- How have readers incorporated these prayers into their daily lives after reading the book? (12:49 – 14:04)
- You and your husband Gabriel traveled to the Middle East, to meet with Christian refugees who had fled Iraq after ISIS took power. What surprised you the most during your time with them? What are their greatest fears? What are their greatest needs? (15:09 – 19:24)
- Can you share one of the stories from the book where God intervened supernaturally into a situation? (19:25 – 22:08)
- As you look back to the time when you began working on this book and fast forward all the way to our conversation today, the number of horrors and atrocities we’ve seen all over the world are almost too numerous to count. Is there anything you would say differently or add to the dialog you have with your readers via the book? (22:09 – 24:19)
- As you think of readers getting to the last page of your book, how do you hope Love in the Face of ISIS has impacted them? (24:20 – 25:59)
- Where can listeners connect with you and find out more about your books on the web? (26:00 – 26:20)
About the Book: In less than a year’s time, ISIS grew into a terrifying reality in the Middle East.
Thousands have been persecuted and martyred by this network of Islamic terrorists, and their numbers are increasing. It seems impossible to turn to the news without hearing of new atrocities committed by this violent organization. As ISIS continues to gain momentum and advance its territory, many Christians find themselves feeling powerless and afraid.
What can be done in the face of such evil?
In this timely, compelling book, Lorraine Marie Varela exposes the spirit behind ISIS and provides seven specific prayer strategies to effect real change in the Middle East.
Through true-life stories of supernatural intervention, you’ll see how God is already at work in the midst of the violence in the Middle East–and you’ll learn how to join His work through powerful, effective prayer.
Don’t be afraid.
Partner with the purposes of God–and declare to ISIS that Love is coming after them.
About the Author: Lorraine Marie Varela is the author of Powerful Moments in the Presence of God and a professional photographer. She has traveled to the Middle East and lives near Seattle, where she and her husband help lead a Foursquare Messianic congregation. Lorraine and her husband, Gabriel, have two grown daughters.
Connect with Lorraine:
Order your copy of Love in the Face of ISIS:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.