Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Fox News Religion Correspondent Lauren Green about her brand new book Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog.
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in this conversation:
- What is the Lauren Green origin story? (00:35 – 03:32)
- What’s the story behind Lighthouse Faith, why was this the right season for you to write this book? (03?33 – 05:05)
- Why do you think it’s such a challenge for people to perceive God as a more hands-on presence? (05:06 – 06:40)
- How have your skills as an award-winning journalist played a part in this book? (06:41 – 08:15)
- Every book writing experience is a unique journey. What did you learn about yourself while you were writing Lighthouse Faith? (08:16 – 09:01)
- What are some simple things/tips that we can do daily in this busy life to see God more clearly and love him more presently? (09:02 – 10:14)
- What parting encourage or challenge would you like to share with each reader as they finish the book? (10:15 – 11:07)
- Lighthouse Faith is your first book, any plans in the future for another? (11:08 – 12:33)
- Where can people go to connect with you and find out more about Lighthouse Faith? (12:34 – 13:33)
About the Book: Is God Just a Distant Concept? An Award-Winning Religion Correspondent is Convinced the Answer is No and Explores the Possible Relationship with Our Creator
Fox News Religion Correspondent Lauren Green uses her wealth of stories, vast network of contacts, and her own extensive study of theology to take the reader on a unique journey of spiritual discovery. With few female authors writing in the field of theology, Green provides an important perspective to all who wish to move closer to not only a deeper relationship with God but an understanding of what makes that possible.
Green gathers insight from some amazing guides along the way, through personal conversations with some of the leading minds in the world on the topic of Christianity. These include:
- Timothy Keller
- John Piper
- Alister McGrath
- William Lane Craig
- John Lennox
- Sir John Polkinghorne
- Amy Beckman
- Elizabeth Lev
- … and many more
Is God simply an accessory that we carry with us? Something similar to what we might download from a music site to suit our personal tastes—a personal assistant in a way? Or is He His law, His structure, and His authoritative Word contained in the Holy Scripture, an objective reality to which you daily shape your life? If we believe or know we should believe that it’s the latter, how do we make this happen? How do we live joyfully under God’s will in a world so drenched in the will of human desire?
Lighthouse Faith explores the heart of the Christian doctrine and a pathway of perceiving God as an interactive hands-on presence; a caring and loving being. The first commandment is a life-giving force loaded with information about the world in which we live. This law stands atop the other nine commandments as a beacon of light, illuminating the created order, just as a lighthouse lamp shines in a darkened space, heralding a way to safety.
About the Author: Lauren Green currently serves as Fox News Channel’s (FNC) chief religion correspondent based in the New York bureau. She joined FNC in 1996.
Most recently, Green reported live from Rome in 2013 on the election of Pope Francis, as well as on the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI. Additionally, she provided live coverage of the beatification of Pope John Paul II from Rome in 2011 and Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the United States in 2008.
Prior to joining FNC, Green served as a weekend news anchor and correspondent at WBBM-TV (CBS-2) in Chicago, IL. From 1988 to 1993, she was a general assignment reporter at KSTP-TV (ABC-5) in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Outside of her career at FNC, Green is a reputable concert pianist with a degree in piano performance from The University of Minnesota. She has interviewed some of the most prominent people in the classical music world including Placido Domingo, Pierre Boulez, Joshua Bell and has covered such events as the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition and opening night of The Metropolitan Opera. In 2004, she released her debut album, “Classic Beauty.”
A graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, Green was named Miss Minnesota in 1984 and was the third runner-up in the 1985 Miss America contest.
Connect with Lauren:
Order your copy of Lighthouse Faith:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.