Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Jason Mitchell about his new book No Easy Jesus: How the Toughest Choices Lead to the Greatest Life (Tyndale Momentum, 2017).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in this conversation:
- First off Jason, let’s give the listeners a chance to get to know you you a bit better. Give us a window into the Jason Mitchell origin story. (00:40 – 06:32)
- Next let’s get into the story behind the book. Was there a catalyst or an aha moment where you knew it was the right time to bring this book to life? (06:33 – 10:53)
- When I shared a picture of your book on social media, a lot of my friends responded to the cover art. Talk to us about how the cover illustrates what people are going to encounter in the book. (10:54 – 14:57)
- In the book, you write very candidly that “Believing in Jesus has left us disappointed.” I believe many Christians are afraid to admit this, but in their heart they know they’re not experiencing the fullness of what they’d hoped or longed for when they first met Jesus. Why is it that so many Christians have become disillusioned with their faith? (14:58 – 19:03)
- One thing that really hits home for me is the idea that Jesus can easily become the “background music” to a heavily scheduled life. What’s the solution to bringing faith to the forefront? (19:04 – 24:53)
- Many are concerned about the lack of commitment to spiritual faith among millennials. What’s your take on the next generation’s spirituality? (24:54 – 32:22)
- Every book project is a journey, how were you personally changed or impacted as your were writing No Easy Jesus? (32:23 – 35:14)
- If I had the ability to beam you in front of every reader as they finished the last page of No Easy Jesus, what challenge or parting word of encouragement would you share with each of them? (35:15 – 36:54)
- Jason, if the listeners want to connect with you and find out more about No Easy Jesus, where should they go on the web? (36:55 – 37:16)
About the Book: “Too many Christians I know have grown bored and frustrated with just ‘believing’ in Jesus. They’ve settled for salvation someday, not realizing they can experience a fuller life today.”
Many Christians share a secret. Few of us dare to speak it out loud, because doing so would feel like taking a slap at God―and it wouldn’t make us look good either. Yet this secret is affecting us painfully on the inside every single day.
Here it is: Believing in Jesus has left us disappointed.
At one point we were thrilled and hopeful about living a life of trusting in Christ. But over time our experience has failed to live up to our expectations or make the difference we thought it would. So we’ve begun to think: “This can’t be all there is to being a Christian.”
If that’s what you’ve been thinking . . . you’re right.
No Easy Jesus holds the key to moving forward when you’re bored, disillusioned, and beaten down by faith-as-usual. It’s a clarion challenge to wake up each day and choose Jesus all over again; to make the tough, gritty choices that align your way with His and lead to true fullness of life. Because when you decided to follow Jesus, you didn’t sign up for what was easiest―you signed up for what was best.
About the Author: Jason is teaching pastor at LCBC (Lives Changed By Christ) Church, a thriving church with locations throughout Pennsylvania. Through speaking and writing, Jason has influenced thousands of people to pursue Jesus with passion. He gets fired up about finding new and compelling ways to make the message of Christ relevant to peoples everyday lives.
During his free time, you’ll find Jason drinking coffee, getting a quick run in, watching the University of Alabama beat other teams in football, and listening to all things rock-and-roll. He lives, works, and writes outside of Philadelphia with his wife, Jenny, and their two children, Sienna and Silas.
Connect with Jason:
Order your copy of No Easy Jesus:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.