Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Ron Citlau about his new book Hope for the Same-Sex Attracted: Biblical Direction for Friends, Family Members, and Those Struggling With Homosexuality (Bethany House, 2017).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in this conversation:
- You previous book Compassion without Compromise released back in 2014. How has the landscape of this conversation changed since then? (00:40 – 2:16)
- The subtitle suggests that you have a broad audience in mind for Hope for the Same-Sex Attracted. Who are the readers you had in your mind’s eye as you were writing the book. (02:17 – 03:06)
- Same-Sex attraction is a part of your own personal journey and story. How did Jesus meet you in the midst of your struggle? (03:07 – 04:58)
- What are some of the obstacles that can keep a same-sex attracted person from receiving God’s gifts for them? (04:59 – 05:58)
- Why is same-sex marriage a harmful thing, rather than a gift for those who struggle? (05:59 – 08:45)
- You say that the church is one of God’s gifts to same-sex strugglers. Too often, the church has been a place of condemnation rather than compassion. How can we minister to those who are sexually broken in a way that is helpful for them? (08:46 – 11:12)
- How can following Jesus bring hope and healing to the person struggling with same-sex attraction? (11:13 – 16:32)
- If we had the technology to beam you in front of every reader as they get to the last page of Hope for the Same-Sex Attracted, what parting challenge or word of encouragement would you want to share with each of them? (16:33 – 18:07)
- Ron, if the listeners want to find out more about you and learn more about your new book, where should they go on the web? (18:08 – 18:17)
About the Book: Sometimes in our big-picture discussions about homosexuality and same-sex marriage, we lose sight of the person in the middle of the struggle. Whether that struggler is you or someone you care about, there are two fundamental questions that need to be answered: How can someone with same-sex attraction be faithful to Jesus? And how can everyone else support and encourage them in this pursuit?
With clarity and grace, author and pastor Ron Citlau will help you think through every option the Bible offers–and what it does not. Having personally dealt with same-sex attraction, walked with others still struggling, and pastored those with gay loved ones, he encourages readers to think deeply and biblically about heterosexual marriage, singleness, celibacy, and more.
Discover the remarkable gifts God provides to the same-sex-attracted Christian who desires to faithfully follow Jesus. And learn how others can come alongside them with love, encouragement, and grace.
About the Author: Ron Citlau graduated from the University of California, Riverside and Western Theological Seminary. He has served in ministry positions in Southern California and Kansas City. He is the pastor of Calvary Church in Orland Park, Illinois, part of the Reformed Church in America.
Ron struggled with same-sex attraction his whole life and has worked with and walked alongside many others who have struggled with sexual brokenness, as well as equipping pastoral leaders to serve those dealing with sexual sin. He also worked with Andrew Comiskey, producing curriculum on sexual healing now used by Desert Stream Ministries in hundreds of churches throughout the country. When he isn’t working, he loves to be with his wife, Amy, and their four boys: Jack, Sawyer, Eli, and Crosby.
Connect with Ron:
Order your copy of Hope for the Same-Sex Attracted:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.