Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with New York Times bestselling author Joel Richardson about his new book Mystery Babylon: Unlocking the Bible’s Greatest Prophetic Mystery (WND Books, 2017).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in this conversation:
- First off Joel, let’s help the listeners get to know you a little bitter. Tell us some of the Joel Richardson origin story. (00:38 – 04:11)
- One of the great influencers on the discussion of Mystery Babylon is Alexander Hislop. Help us to get a sense of the scope of his influence and some of the problems we encounter when we examine his work. (04:12 – 11:08)
- As we look across world history, who are some of the cities and kingdoms that have been potentially identified as Mystery Babylon? (11:09 – 13:47)
- You make the case for Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and Islam fitting the criteria for Mystery Babylon. Walk us through some of the ways this is a very plausible option. (13:48 – 20:18)
- How does Turkey fit into the unfolding story we see taking place right now in the Middle East? (20:19 – 22:34)
- What do you hope every reader takes away from Mystery Babylon? (22:35 – 25:27)
- You have several books in addition to Mystery Babylon. For readers who enjoy this book, which of your other books would make a great follow up read? (25:28 – 26;16)
- Joel, if the listeners want to connect with you and find out more about your books, where should they go on the web? (26:17 – 26:50)
About the Book: New York Times bestselling author Joel Richardson carefully explores what is arguably the greatest prophetic mystery in all of the Bible.
Mystery Babylon is an in-depth look at the prophecy of Revelation 17 and 18. Richardson dissects the longest prophecy in the New Testament – the final chapters of the Bible – in order to make sense of these deeply elusive and profoundly controversial passages.
At once a queen, a prostitute, and a cold-blooded killer, this great harlot waves a golden cup filled with blood. Adorned in purple and scarlet and gold and precious stones, she seduces the kings of the earth with luxury. Most commonly known, perhaps, is that she rides a beast with seven heads and ten horns. Her title is Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of all harlots and of the abominations of the earth.
From the early days of Christianity, believers have struggled to understand the mystery of the great harlot. Scholars and students alike have arrived at many different conclusions.
In his characteristically easy-to-understand style, Richardson works through the history of Christian interpretation of Mystery Babylon, weighing the strengths and weaknesses of each view, making a powerful case for a solution to this prophecy that will rock the prophecy world.
About the Author: Joel Richardson is the author of several books including the New York Times bestselling Islamic Antichrist: The Shocking Truth About the Real Nature of the Beast. He also wrote Mideast Beast and is the director of the WND Films documentary End Times Eyewitness. He is an internationally recognized expert on biblical prophecy, the Middle East, and Islam and is a human rights activist and a commentator for WND.
Connect with Joel:
Order your copy of Mystery Babylon:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.