Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Linda Znachko about her book He Knows Your Name: How One Abandoned Baby Inspired Me to Say Yes to God (Kregel Publications, 2016).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in our conversation:
- Your book, He Knows Your Name, tells of how your ministry by the same name got started. Tell us a little bit about how the news story about an abandoned baby inspired you to say yes to God’s plan for you. (00:39 – 01:31)
- While anyone who watched the news or read the story of the abandoned would have certainly found it to be a terrible situation, you were struck on a deeper level. What was it about this baby that called you to action? (01:32 – 06:20)
- Were your family and friends support of your mission to provide a funeral and burial for the baby? How did you husband react? (06:21 – 11:40)
- Your journey began with wanting to provide a funeral for one abandoned baby but quickly grew into something much larger. Share with us the call you received while waiting to hear back about Baby Doe. (11:41 – 16:30)
- What advice can you offer those who have friends or family walking through the devastating loss of a child? Are some things more helpful or hurtful than others? (16:31 – 18:54)
- Linda, I know many of my listeners are going to want to find out more, so where are some of the places they can get a copy of the book? (18:55 – 21:14)
About the Book: When the evening news reported a dead baby abandoned in a local dumpster, Linda Znachko’s comfortable life changed. She was suddenly convicted—God was asking her to provide a dignified burial for this tiny lost child. Linda said yes. She had no idea where that first small yes would lead.Linda found herself in places she never dreamed she would be: at the graveside of the child of an abused mother; by the side of a mother fighting for her lost child; and at the funeral of a Texas stripper who died two days before her baptism but left a legacy of love behind. When Linda stepped out of her comfort zone and into these implausible places with people she was unlikely to otherwise encounter, she discovered the life she never knew she wanted—a life of saying yes to God whenever He asks.
Today, Linda has a ministry that gives children a name in life, and dignity and honor in death. When she shares her stories of broken lives redeemed, other broken people respond, and so the ripple effects of that long-ago yes continue to spread, touching lives that yearn for healing, and underscoring the fact that every life matters to God.
About the Author: Linda Znachko is the founder of He Knows Your Name Ministries. She is a popular speaker at conferences and retreats, and has been interviewed regularly by local and regional media since her encounter with Baby Nicholas.
Connect with Linda:
Order your copy of He Knows Your Name:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.