Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! In this episode I speak with Tahni Cullen about her book Josiah’s Fire: Autism Stole His Words, God Gave Him a Voice.
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here are the questions Tahni and I discuss in this interview:
- Since this is your first time on the show, let’s begin by giving the listeners a chance to get to know you better. Start us off with a bit of the Tahni Cullen origin story. (00:38 – 03:01)
- Next I’d like to hear about those early days with your son Josiah. When did you suspect there might be something going on with him medically? (03:02 – 06:11)
- What were those early days like after you received Josiah’s initial diagnosis? (06:12 – 11:24)
- Tell us about the day Josiah began typing words on the iPad. What did he say and why was it so significant? (11:25 – 14:53)
- Talk to us about some of the things Josiah was sharing about angels, heaven and words of knowledge; now that you had this communications channel established. (14:54 – 18:19)
- Tell us about the Facebook page you’ve been using to extend the message of the book and to share some of the additional things Josiah is sharing with you. (18:20 – 24:45)
- What sort of a grid or worldview did you have for the supernatural when this all began and how has it shifted or changed in the midst of your unfolding journey alongside Josiah? (24:46 – 36:01)
- Tahni, what parting challenge or encouragement would you want to share with every reader as they’re finishing the last page of Josiah’s Fire? (36:02 – 41:58)
- Tahni, I know many of my listeners are going to want to find out more, so where can they connect with you online and where can they can get a copy of the book? (41:59 – 42:37)
About the Book: First-time parents Joe and Tahni Cullen were thrust into the confusing world of autism when their toddler, Josiah, suddenly lost his ability to speak, play, and socialize. The diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder. In their attempts to see Josiah recover and regain speech, the Cullens underwent overwhelming physical, emotional, and financial struggles. While other kids around him improved, Josiah only got worse.
Five years later, Josiah, who had not been formally taught to read or write, suddenly began to type on his iPad profound paragraphs about God, science, history, business, music, strangers, and heaven. Josiah’s eye-opening visions, heavenly encounters, and supernatural experiences forced his family out of their comfort zone and predictable theology, catapulting them into a mind-blowing love-encounter with Jesus.
- Find hope in hardship.
- Catch a fresh glimpse of heaven.
- Learn to hear and trust God’s voice.
- Identify the roles of Father, Son, and Spirit.
- Be aware of the workings of angels, and much more!
Follow a trail of truth into Josiah’s mysterious world, and see why his family and friends can no longer stay silent.
About the Author: Tahni Cullen is a people-lover, blogger, and conference speaker who brings a powerful message of hope and restoration. Tahni worked for thirteen years at a multi-campus church in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, serving in communication arts and as a ministry director. She is a freelance marketer and also performs in an original live variety show for women’s events. Tahni and her producer husband, Joe, have created an award-winning documentary called Surprised by Autism. They live with their son, Josiah, in Saint Paul, where they enjoy exploring Minnesota’s museums and destinations.
Connect with Tahni:
Order your copy of Josiah’s Fire:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.