Andrew T. Walker serves as the Director of Policy Studies for the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. In this conversation we examine some of the core topics covered in his book God and the Transgender Debate, including:
- Culturally, how did we get here?
- What would Jesus say to the person experiencing gender dysphoria or identifying themselves as transgender?
- If Christians take the golden rule to heart, what does it look like to love your transgender neighbor?
- How can parents effectively engage their children in discussion on these topics?
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
About the book: What is transgender and gender fluidity? What does God’s Word actually say about these issues? How can the gospel be good news for someone experiencing gender dysphoria? How should churches respond?
This warm, faithful and careful book helps Christians understand what the Bible says about gender identity. It will help us to engage lovingly, thoughtfully and faithfully with one of the most explosive cultural discussions of our day.
If you want to learn more and love better, and are open to considering what God has to say about sex and gender, this hope-filled book is for you.
Includes a section looking at practical questions including:
– Can someone be transgender and Christian?
– Should I mind if people who are biologically the other sex are in my restroom?
– What should church leaders do if a congregation member asks for their child to be identified as the opposite gender?
– Is it true that Christian teaching is harmful and can lead to depression and higher suicide rates?
– What about people who are born intersex?
About the Author: Andrew T. Walker serves as the Director of Policy Studies for the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the denomination’s entity tasked with equipping churches to address moral, social, and ethical issues. In his role, he researches, speaks, and writes about human dignity, family stability, religious liberty, public theology, the relationship between church and state, and the moral principles that support civil society. He also examines how ethics inform public policy decisions and investigates the role that religion plays in American political culture. He helps the ERLC in areas related to academic initiatives, content production, issue advocacy, moral analysis, church equipping, and policy communication.
Andrew is managing editor of Canon & Culture. His writing and commentary have appeared in such outlets as National Review, Public Discourse, The Daily Caller, First Things, The Federalist, The Gospel Coalition, TIME, The Resurgent, and elsewhere.
Connect with Andrew:
Order Your Copy of God and the Transgender Debate:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.