Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today my special guest is Dr. Jim Hamilton and we’re discussing his book Song of Songs: A Biblical-Theological, Allegorical, Christological Interpretation (Christian Focus, 2015).
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”.
About The Book:
In the Song of Songs the son of David, King in Jerusalem, overcomes hostility and alienation to renew intimacy between himself and his Bride. This most sublime Song sings of a love sure as the seal of Yahweh, a flashing flame of fire many waters could never quench. Dr. Jim Hamilton, in this latest addition to the popular Focus on the Bible series, pours fresh light on this inspiring and uplifting book.
About The Author:
Jim Hamilton is Professor of Biblical Theology at Southern Seminary and preaching pastor at Kenwood Baptist Church.
Connect with Jim:
Join the Conversation:
Half the fun of doing these podcasts is the conversation that happens around them. With each episode, I’ll be asking a new questions. Here’s my question for episode 17:
Question: Does the Song of Songs make you nervous? How do you interpret it?
Explore Additional Resources:
Here are some of the resources mentioned in this episode:
- God’s Glory in Salvation through Judgment (Crossway, 2010)
- With the Clouds of Heaven (IVP Academic, 2014)
- What is Biblical Theology? (Crossway, 2013)
- The Song of Songs (Concordia Commentary) (Concordia Publishing House, 2003)
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.