Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today my special guest is Cliff Graham and we’re discussing his book Shadow of the Mountain: Exodus (Bethany House, 2015). In addition to the book, we also dive in to the following topics:
- Cliff shares about his personal journey as a writer.
- We talk about the state of Christian men’s fiction and why you won’t see beheadings any time soon in Amish fiction.
- Cliff offers advice for new and aspiring authors.
- We talk about self-publishing versus traditional publishing and why it might be a good idea to do both.
- We talk about the importance of networking and how one simple conversation can completely disrupt (in a good way) the course of your life and career.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”.
Two men were brave enough to tell the truth about what awaited the Hebrews in Canaan. This is their story. From the slave pits of Egypt to the efforts of an eighty-five-year-old Caleb as he drives out the last of the giants, Shadow of the Mountain is a vivid portrait of two of God’s chosen champions, and a meditation on masculine mentorship and the challenges and blessings of growing older.
For the sake of his new God and his loyalty to his friend Joshua, Caleb will not spend his twilight years resting, but taking the battle to the enemies of God’s people until his dying breath. From his early days as a mercenary for Pharaoh in Egypt watching the Hebrews suffer under the yoke of slavery, all the way through a desperate fight with giants in the dark forests of the hill country, this is a story filled with epic battles, gritty intensity, and supernatural events that made Graham’s Lion of War series a hit. Shadow of the Mountain is sure to ignite a love for the Old Testament in popular culture.
About The Author:
Cliff Graham is a former soldier and officer in the United States Army who now spends his time writing, speaking, and operating a growing series of media franchises. A graduate from Black Hills State University with degrees in political science and military science, he wrote his Lion of War series while working as a youth pastor. He currently lives in the mountains of Utah with his wife, Cassandra, and their children, and speaks to churches, men’s groups, and conferences all over the United States.
Connect with Cliff:
Join the Conversation:
Half the fun of doing these podcasts is the conversation that happens around them. With each episode, I’ll be asking a new questions. Here’s my question for episode 18:
Question: Have you read any of Cliff’s biblical fiction? Which book is your favorite?
Explore Additional Resources:
Here are some of the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Shadow of the Mountain: Exodus by Cliff Graham
- Day of War by Cliff Graham
- Covenant of War by Cliff Graham
- Education of a Wandering Man: A Memoir by Louis L’Amour
- The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
- Last of the Breed by Louis L’Amour
- Desiring God by John Piper
- Charles Spurgeon
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.