New York Times bestselling author Jason Hanson joins me to share a few tips and tricks from his new book Survive Like a Spy: Real CIA Operatives Reveal How They Stay Safe in a Dangerous World and How You Can Too. We talk about the most critical items every traveler needs to stay safe abroad, the surprising actions that will give you the best chance of surviving a kidnapping, and much more.
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
About the Book: Everyone loves a good spy story, but most of the ones we hear are fictional. That’s because the most dangerous and important spycraft is done in secret, often hidden in plain sight.
In this powerful new book, bestselling author and former CIA officer Jason Hanson takes the reader deep inside the world of espionage, revealing true stories and expert tactics from real agents engaged in life-threatening missions around the world.
With breathtaking accounts of spy missions in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and elsewhere, the book reveals how to:
- Achieve mental sharpness to be ready for anything
- Escape if taken hostage
- Set up a perfect safe site
- Assume a fake identity
- Master the “Weapons of Mass Influence” to recruit others, build rapport, and make allies when you need them most
With real-life spy drama that reads like a novel paired with expert practical techniques, Survive Like a Spy will keep you on the edge of your seat – and help you stay safe when you need it most.
About the Author: Jason Hanson is a former CIA officer, security specialist, and winner of ABC’s hit reality series Shark Tank. His previous book, Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life, was a New York Times bestseller. Jason is a highly sought-after expert on safety and survival, and has appeared on The Rachael Ray Show, Today, Dateline, and elsewhere. He currently lives in Cedar City, Utah, with his family.
Connect with Jason:
Get your own copy of Survive Like a Spy:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.