Welcome to the Shaun Tabatt Show! In this episode I speak with Michael Williams about his new book The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users: Grammatical Terms Explained for Exegesis (Zondervan Academic, 2015).
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”.
About The Book:
The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users helps users understand the exegetical significance of Hebrew grammatical terminology identified by the program. This resource provides students who utilize biblical language software the insight they need to make sense of the data provided by the program, giving them deeper insight into the biblical text that they could not get by solely reading an English translation. The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users is ideally suited for:
- Pastors and ministry leaders who may have learned Hebrew at one time but have experienced the loss of much of that learning
- College and seminary students who are learning Hebrew and need a guide to help understand the significance of the grammatical terminology
- Bible software users who never formally learned Hebrew in the classroom and need help understanding the meaning of the terms they encounter
With grammatical terms laid out and discussed in an intuitive and user-friendly format readers can now spend time focusing on exegesis and applying their findings to their preaching, teachings, study, and writing instead of puzzling over the significance of grammatical terminology and how to apply it.
About The Author:
Michael Williams (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is Professor of Old Testament at Calvin Theological Seminary and a member of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation. He is the author of Deception in Genesis, The Prophet and His Message, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic, and How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens, and editor and contributor of Mishneh Todah. His passion is to equip students with knowledge of the Old Testament and its languages so that they may grow in their comprehension and appreciation of redemptive history and be adequately prepared to promote and defend the faith through word and action. Michael resides in Grand Rapids, MI, with his wife, Dawn.
Connect with Michael:
Join the Conversation:
Half the fun of doing these podcasts is the conversation that happens around them. With each episode, I’ll be asking a new questions. Here’s my question for episode 36:
Question: Tell us where you’re at in your journey with Biblical Hebrew and how you’d put a book like this to use.
Explore Additional Resources:
Here are some of the resources mentioned in this episode:
Author Talks Episode 20 – Basics of Ancient Ugaritic
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.