Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! In this episode I speak with Lea Ann Garfias about her new book Rocking Ordinary: Holding It Together with Extraordinary Grace (New Leaf Press, 2016).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Most women don’t consider themselves great. Stuck in an endless routine of cleaning, cooking, and caring for family members, they struggle to find meaning and worth in their daily lives. Exhausted at the end of another busy, chaotic day, they wonder if they have made any measurable progress, if it even matters, if their work counts. This book talks frankly about real life, ministry failures, and the depressing side of Christian womanhood, but in a humorous way that makes you want to pour coffee all over it and try again. Whether we feel capable or not, whether we feel spiritual or not, we are already changing lives. This book is for Christian women in their 20s, 30s, or 40s who may or may not have children, may or may not be tired, and may or may not be addicted to coffee.
In Rocking Ordinary, Lea Ann Garfias comes alongside you like a true friend and takes an honest, up-close-and-personal look at the struggles every woman faces:
- Am I missing out on what’s important in life?
- Will I ever overcome my sensitivity to criticism?
- How can I possibly measure up to the Pinterest lifestyle?
- What does my marriage reveal about my influence with others?
- What is the most important quality to pass on to my children?
- What if my family is flawed — can God still use me?
- Will I ever truly heal from the pain of abuse, bullying, or rejection?
- Can I protect myself and those around me from painful people?
- How does a woman lead intentionally and biblically?
- How can love change my community?
- Can I ever maintain a balance between work, family, and ministry?
- Will God choose to use me?
A gifted teacher and storyteller, she meets you exactly where you are — in the everyday, messy, stressful, kids screaming, laundry piling, everyday life, and encourages you, loves you, and roots for you as you begin rocking your ordinary.
About the Author:
Lea Ann Garfias believes there is enough coffee in the world to make even dreadful Thursdays tolerable. As a ministry leader and homeschool writer, she helps ordinary moms realize their extraordinary influence. When she’s not homeschooling her four children, directing her church choir, or performing the violin, she’s passed out asleep.
Connect with Lea Ann:
Buy Rocking Ordinary:
Subscribe to the Podcast: